Friday, March 11, 2005

My Poor Inbox

As I sit here putting together the final details of a seven day, six night trip while looking for new jobs, I have noticed my inbox is getting a little out of control on my desk. I am the type of anal person who usually likes to do things as they come to me, but I have really fallen behind this week. The ironic part is that people think I am so busy because I have never had such serious looks on my face as I stare at my computer trying to figure out: in-season vs. out-of-season rates, flight itineraries, ferry and bus schedules, car rental rates, oceanfront vs. ocean view, how to book the bed and breakfast I want, how to find the best Red Sox tickets, how compensation tables work, job descriptions and the best way to restructure my resume. As you can see, I am very busy.

Mid-American Conference Sidenote: Congratulations to my alma mater, Ohio University, for defeating Kent State last night and making it into the MAC semifinals tonight at Gund Arena. I love that my brother called me before he went to the game and said: "What was the name of the point guard who played with Gary Trent...I am trying to impress some guys who graduated from Ohio University." What I said: "That was Geno Ford and it should be really easy to remember because he now coaches for Kent State, so they will be impressed when you mention that as well...don't forget Ohio won the preseason NIT in 1994 with Ford and Trent...good luck impressing them."

No comments: