Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Excuse Me Sir, But Could You Please Remove Your Time Clock?

Last night our seats at the CAVS game were directly behind the time clock of the basket closest to us. This meant we could not see anything in front of us going on at the other end of the court. We could tell something was going on at the other end, but we couldn’t see the basket and you had to watch the jumbotron to see if a shot went in or not. The supervisor of ushers was nice enough to move our seats which also happened to be an upgrade so everything worked out well. Well almost everything.

Cleveland is starting to scare me a little bit. Everyone in Gund Arena is now making this crazy, almost gang-like symbol that Usher introduced to Cleveland on Sunday night at the CAVS game. That night he spontaneously unveiled what he calls the Double C at his center courtside seats during the second half of the game. What he did, and what he now has everyone doing, is this: He crossed his arms over his head and made two letter C's with his hands. Everyone they showed on the jumbotron last night was doing it. The poorest city in the country finally has some pride with this symbol. Once again, I have to believe it has something to do with number 23. Speaking of which, I can’t believe how great he played last night. He broke open a poorly played first half by scoring all but two points during the Cavs' 16-3 second-quarter run. He was on fire and is also the best attraction for your entertainment dollar in Cleveland. This is of course all my opinion and that seems to be the only one that matters, at least on this website.

In other news, my boss just said I could take tomorrow off for the St. Patrick's Day Parade. Parade my ass, I got basketball to watch woman! Don’t you know the next two days are my Christmas, New Years, St. Patricks’s and Flag Day all rolled into one. So, yes, I will be taking tomorrow off, but the only green I will be cheering for will be that of the UAB Blazers against LSU in tomorrow’s game.

No comments: