Thursday, April 27, 2006

The L stands for Lazy

When it comes to updating this blog, I have been very lazy the past week. I could have been writing about the fun film festival I attended last week, or the midnight grilling of burgers and hot dogs on Sunday, or the Rainbow Wrangler benefit and a little woman named MO, or walking in the rain, or the hilarious recital of a green bean casserole recipe over the phone from my mother (“the ratio is whatever you want it to be”), or the incredible game LeBron had on Saturday night only to be followed up by one of his worst performances, or the crazy Geauga County Commissioner who thinks welfare moms should be sterilized (how embarrassing to be from that county!) or perhaps even the satisfying feeling of Spring cleaning.

It seems that everyday something happens to me and I say: “I should blog that”. Obviously my intentions are good but my follow-through needs a little work. To perpetuate my lazy blogging, I picked one of those crazy lists to fill out and post. I never thought I would do one of these but then when I started thinking back over the questions, it brought up so many fun memories and so many hard choices. Perhaps it will do the same for you if you haven’t already seen this list published somewhere (which means this is your first time on the internet because everyone posts this list, so if this is true: welcome and remember the back arrow will take you to the last page you visited.) Sure this blog has been handy for revealing my arrest stories, my love for LeBron and Tim Marshall and my encounters in Ohio City but if you don’t know my six favorite songs, do you really know me at all? I think not…


Six jobs I have had in my life:
-Wrapped beef jerky and cheese at a small market for my very first job ever
-Laminated maps in a factory
-Worked in sports information for five years
-Mystery Shopper
-Human Resources in Florida
-Admissions Counselor

Six movies I would watch over and over:
-Pretty Woman
-Tommy Boy
-Reality Bites
-Best In Show
-Thelma and Louise
-Dirty Dancing
(Wow this list makes me look not so smart. I just want everyone to know if it was seven movies, I would also pick Pride and Prejudice. Ahem.)

Six places I have lived:
-Cuyahoga Falls, OH
-Streetsboro, OH
-The Old Angle
-Athens, OH
-Cape Coral, FL
-Cleveland, OH

Six TV shows I love to watch:
-Seinfeld
-The Daily Show
-Six Feet Under (I still love the repeats)
-Sportscenter (in a weird way where I can watch the same episode six times in a row on any given morning)
-Girlfriends
-Best Week Ever

Six Songs I would listen to over and over:
-Sentimental Lady-Fleetwood Mac
-Baby Can I Hold You-Tracy Chapman
-The Weakness in Me-Melissa Etheridge version
-Deceptacon-Le Tigre
-Underneath Your Clothes-Shakira
-Emperor’s New Clothes-Sinead O’Connor

Six Musicians/Musical Groups I love:
-Ani DiFranco
-Fleetwood Mac
-Dance Hall Crashers
-Le Tigre
-Alix Olson
-Liz Phair

Six places I have been on vacation:
-Sunset Beach, NC
-Chicago, IL
-Key West, FL
-The Old Angle
-New York City
-Cape Cod

Six websites I visit daily:
-espn.com
-myspace.com
-mindy’s blog
-timmy’s blog
-msnbc.com
-cleveland.com

Six of my favorite foods:
-Any meal served at the Lobster Pot in Cape Cod
-Anything my dad grills
-The flank steak at the Old Angle
-Garlic Chicken dinner at Lemon Grass
-Chicken Wings
-Soup, Soup and Soup

Six places I would rather be right now:
-Provincetown
-Chrissy and Tina’s backyard in the fall
-Alison and Karen’s backyard in the summer
-Driving the Pacific Coast Highway
-Tucked away in my bed watching bad television
-The Old Angle

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This was so fun! The Old Angle so needs to front you some freebies.

Anonymous said...

Beware the person who makes fun of Shakira's "Underneath Your Clothes" while riding in Michele's car. She may almost literally throw you out onto the sidewalk.

MisterElle said...

I do want to say on Shannon's behalf that she held her own when I pulled my car off the road and said "Get Out"

Anonymous said...

Well, if I remember correctly, you did have on that ridiculous shirt...Not so scary in pastel blue and flowers.