Thursday, April 27, 2006

CRINGE

I know I said in my last post I wasn't going to write about Craig Albert, the Geauga County Commissioner trying to run for governor, but I HAVE to. I HAVE to make sure the people who live in Geauga County who read my blog know just how crazy their county commissioner is. I HAVE to warn you, the contents of this article may make you phyisically ill so make sure you haven't just eaten. If you don't think you can read the full article, and believe me it is hard to do, let me just tempt you with this beautiful passage regarding his idea of sterilization for welfare mothers:

"Albert insists he is not a racist. He says he has the same contempt for deadbeat white Appalachians."

I find this sentence so intriguing because he is assuming the only white people who cheat the welfare system are from Appalachia. I wonder if he considers Chardon and Thompson, two townships in his own county, Appalachia.

No comments: