Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Dear Mindy

(Mindy just replied to my blog and wanted to know my take on Paul Silas and Barry Bonds)

Dear Mindy,
First off, I wanted to say that I don’t really care about Barry Bonds, therefore writing about him is just no fun at all. The guy isn’t even a real human being. He practically admitted to taking steroids yet all of his records will stand forever. I agree they should level the playing field in baseball but at this point it would just be easier to get everyone to take steroids. Anyway, he is a whiner. The media has finally broken him down? He needs to get over himself. This new development has now turned him into San Francisco’s biggest martyr and that’s a tough job.

As for Paul Silas, when he was hired I was ecstatic. I thought he would be a great coach for the CAVS and a wonderful mentor for LeBron. However, after watching the way the team performed last night with a new coach, I can’t say I am upset he is gone. We have been looking for a solid rotation all year and we did not get that from him. In his last game as coach, our bench scored one point. That’s pathetic. I will agree though it wasn’t all Silas’ fault as he pointed out this morning. Jim Paxson has a lot to do with the problems. There isn’t a whole lot you can do when the General Manager of your team saturates your roster with seven mediocre wing players. I don’t expect Paxon to be around much longer either. It’s not like he is some genius for picking LeBron in the draft and trading away Tony Battie for Drew Gooden and Anderson Varejao. Way to go, I could have done both of those things in my sleep. I do like Dan Gilbert and I think he is going to be a proactive owner, hopefully one who can find us a solid coach, general manager, shooting guard and point guard in the next seven months. Is that too much to ask?

Your Friend,
Michele

No comments: