Monday, March 07, 2005

Its Time to Start the Music, Its Time to Start the Show

Last week Liz rolled over, pulled me close to her and and said...Can we get the Muppets from Netflix? The Muppets from Netflix. What a novel idea. I haven't seen an episode of the Muppets in over twenty years. On Saturday the dvd arrived with episodes starring Steve Martin, Carol Burnett and Gilda Radner (what a great combination).

We decided to watch it together Saturday evening when Liz came home from work. In honor of the big event, I decided to run out and buy food for the Muppets viewing that evening. When I was a kid my parents would give my brother and I a bowl of ice cream or some sort of dessert surprise, sit us down in front of the television and let us watch the Muppets on Saturday night. In honor of this tradition I bought everything we would need for sundaes that evening. The toffee ice cream with bananas and Reeses hard shell to top it off was a fun accompaniment to the show. As soon as I saw Scooter run into Steve Martin's dressing room with the theme song following, I got goose bumps and immediatley remembered how much I used to love this show.

I began to think about how lucky I was to have a show like this around when I was a child and I think everyone in my age group should go out and rent the Muppets. It's great to remember the things that made you laugh as a child and also to finally get the jokes that made your parents laugh as well. The best part was waking up early Sunday morning, making two more sundaes and watching the next episode together. The Muppets is pure goodness and I am pretty sure all the world's problems would be solved if everyone would just sit down together and watch the "Dance Marathon" episode starring Carol Burnett.

Countdown to Selection Sunday: Six More Days.
Congratulations to my brother Mark who said Illinois would lose before next Sunday night.

No comments: