Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Disappointed, Yet Excited All At The Same Time

I must admit I am highly disappointed Carlos Boozer won't be gracing us with his presence this evening at Gund Arena. After breaking my heart last summer and bolting for Salt Lake City, it is the least he can do. I can't believe he won't even be at the game.

As disappointed as I am in the Boozer no-show, I am still more excited the Browns have finally released Courtney Brown. After five long years and only 17 sacks, the Browns decided to make one of the best decisions in franchise history and not pay him the 2.5 million roster bonus he had coming. What a joke he turned out to be. Last month Brown said he would be willing to play linebacker for Romeo Crennel. I don't know about you but it was hard enough for me to try and watch this guy get off the line of scrimmage. I wonder if he thought a running start would make it easier for him to get to the quarterback. I doubt it.

I turned in my brackets today. That sure is a weird feeling. I must admit I tossed and turned a little bit last night with North Carolina but I am sticking with my original Final Four. One thing I can say for sure is this is going to be an incredible tournament and I only wish I could get Thursday off from work without it looking like I am doing it to party on St. Patrick's Day. Thank goodness for www.espn.com live web action. This will be the first Thursday of the tournament I have not had off from work since I started working a full-time job six years ago.

Also, Six Feet Under: Season Three comes out today on DVD. While it is my least favorite season of the series, I still can't wait to see it again. I am hoping my Beijing connection is reading this and can help me find this DVD (wink, wink).

No comments: