Monday, June 06, 2005

Seems Like Forever

I have taken a little break from the blog the past week, but now I am back after my crazy week from hell. This past week has included a lot of moving, both moving out and moving on but I think I am back to my old self.

Moving has got to be one of the most stressful things to do. Lucky for me I had some great help and some great laughs. I felt like I was in a comedy of errors last week as my brother had to help me move wearing golf shoes and tube socks with shorts (quite a look), most of my furniture took a beating in my new tiny door ways and I found out that Alison and Karen are the beat couch movers this side of the Mississippi. To everyone who helped me, thank you very much. Many thanks to Mindy who brought a certain someone over to concoct a pulley to bring my treadmill down the stairs—quite a sight to see.

I am starting to feel more and more at home in my new place. I love my new claw tub and the other night I was so tired the only thing I wanted to do was take a bath. I turned my radio on for a little background noise but when the commercials on the radio were over I realized I had put on Delilah doing Lovelight songs on Soft Rock 102.1. I was too lazy and too tired to get up and put something else on the radio. I heard dedication after dedication and just sat there thinking: “I might actually be in hell.”

My house became complete on Saturday when the cable guy showed up with HBO and a digital video recorder. Mindy said I actually sounded like the commercial when I called her to say: “It actually stops and pauses live tv!” I am going to be entertained for hours, which is good because this is the first time I have ever lived on my own so there is a little bit of an adjustment to make.

I have actually found out living alone doesn’t mean you have to be alone. I had a great first weekend that involved going to see Star Wars at a matinee with some friends I haven’t seen in a while and then meeting my couch movers, Alison and Karen for Happy Hour and some incredible Karaoke performed by Karen. (I have never heard Bon Jovi sound so good.) Then last night as I was about to grill up some dogs for myself, I got a couple phone calls and I was instantly joined by five other people who brought even more food over along with folding chairs and a table and voila! we had an impromptu outdoor grill party. The best part is when the party is over, everyone goes home and I get to hang out by myself pausing and recording live tv. Life is good.

No comments: