Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I Do Love Me Some TV

Why I Have HBO

Ahhh…Six Feet Under. I missed you so. After almost a year, my favorite show is back on television and I couldn’t be more thrilled. While the last two seasons have been mediocre, it looks as though Alan Ball is going to redeem himself with great visuals and some intriguing caricatures of the characters I have grown to love. I really enjoyed last night’s episode but I don’t know if that was because I missed it so much and was just so excited to see it again. They threw a lot together in a one-hour span and I wonder if the writers will be able to keep up the pace of making every actor the lead actor or let things falter like they did last season.

Why I Have Cable

After Six Feet Under I was able to catch the end of the Detroit/Miami game and I was surprised it was so close. I was cheering for Miami but I knew it was going to be tough for the Heat to hang with the defending champs in a game 7. The Finals will be intriguing: it may be one of the best series of all time yet get the lowest ratings of all time (San Antonio and Detroit are not exactly a marketer’s dream). I said San Antonio was going all the way a couple of weeks ago and I am sticking with that prognosis.

No comments: