Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Jaded But There's Still Hope

Yesterday I was hoping Danny Ferry would make a trade with the Bucks and I got my wish. Well not exactly. A second round pick in the 2006 draft wasn’t what I was hoping for, but at least we got rid of Jiri Welsch and freed up cap room for free agents this summer. Welsch is a great example of why Jim Paxson is no longer the general manager of the Cavaliers. Paxson, who must not believe in keeping first round picks to build a team around, or any draft picks for that matter, acquired Welsch by giving up a first round pick in 2007. The best Ferry could get for him was a second round pick next year. As jaded as I feel about the job Paxson did as general manager, I realize it is now time for the CAVS to get down to business. The free-agent period starts Friday and this is when Ferry needs to put that degree from Duke to use. If the CAVS don’t bring in at least one All-Star this summer, I might have to sell my LeBron bobblehead doll and give up all hope on the up-coming season.

No comments: