Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Little Things

I don’t normally do things like this, but today I am feeling inspired. I feel inspired to write about the little things that have won my heart over. It probably comes as no surprise to those of you who frequent this blog that flowers and jewelry don’t do it for me. I like the little things that make me stop in my tracks. Things like: Using the word residual when referring to your lip gloss, buying me a shot at the bar when some random guy is buying you one so I don’t feel left out, describing the things I do which I consider girly as utilitarian, offering to let me smoke in your apartment even though you are a non-smoker, going on-line to see what the main “notes” are in my cologne because you like the way it smells so much (and then explain to me what “notes” are), sitting through the NBA draft with my brother and I even though you have to get up at 5 am, having as much fun hanging out with my friends as I do and so many more things that make me smile on a daily basis.

Happy birthday to the person in my life who does the little things.

No comments: