Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The Funniest Thing I Have Seen In A Long Time

On Friday I went to karaoke and saw something I hope I can do justice to because it was so hilarious. The gentleman sitting in front of us headed up to the stage when the screen showed the song he had chosen and the following four words never seemed quite as funny to me as they did on a karaoke screen: We Are The World. That’s right he sang this song and he was great. He had us rolling off our chairs he was so damn funny--though his wife looked a little embarrassed. He tried to do every single voice in that ensemble and I think he managed all but one. His take on Bruce Springsteen and Cyndi Lauper put me over the edge but Stevie Wonder definitely took the cake. He sang some other classic songs, but I will never forget the first time I heard We Are The World at a karaoke bar.

No comments: