Thursday, May 19, 2005

Let's Do The Time Warp Again

I did it. I signed a lease for my apartment straight out of the seventies. I love it though, at least compared to everything else I have seen. I am excited to make it my own space. For those of you keeping score at home, this will be the first time I have ever lived on my own. I can’t wait to leave my clothes lying around, knowing they are mine all the while leaving my mess in the sink and know that it is only my mess. Not to mention I can make alterations to the place, so the wallpaper may be coming down if I don’t want to stick to that seventies theme.

The coolest aspect of this space is the landlord. She lives next door and is a 70-year resident of Ohio City, moving in to the house next to mine in 1935. She had her own stand at the West Side Market for 60 years and has the greatest stories to tell. Her whole family lives around me in different houses so I feel like I have become part of the family already. Hopefully I will be over her house for Sunday dinners in no time.

No comments: