Tuesday, February 22, 2005

"You Let Your Parents Read Your Blog?!?"

A student in the office where I work was surprised that I let my parents read my blog. Why not, I thought. I am very close with my family and my blog is a great way to keep in touch and express myself in terms that may not always seem to fit in at family functions. I know my dad enjoys the articles (sounds like I am describing him reading Playboy or something….no seriously he actually reads it for the articles). He is the reason I started watching sports in the first place, so in a way this blog is sort of the fruits of his own work as well. I think my mom likes keeping tabs on my life. The other day I got a phone message from my mom saying: “I know you are there, I saw you just posted to your blog.” It’s definitely a new generation of family dialogue taking place and I love the fact my family is reading what I am writing. Plus its not like they are going to ground me for anything I write about on here. At least I hope not.

In other news, the new diet is going really well. I have been sticking to my goals. I must admit the temptations are there but my willpower is really coming through hard and strong. I have more energy and I feel a lot better. It’s just good to have that first day in the books. Seriously its been about a week now and I am looking forward to seeing how this goes. I must take a moment to say goodbye to some good friends: cheesecake, that new beer I just found that I really liked a lot (Dos Equis Lager), the Market Fresh Sandwich at Arbys, Blue Cheese, Coke, The burger at both the Flying Fig and the Old Angle, wings, Ohio City Pizza and fried food. Now I can still eat these things on my new diet just not all in the same day like I used to do.

No comments: