Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Moose Wings

A friend recommended The Blue Moose Eatery in Parma for their wings. Once she said they had 41 different flavors to choose from, I was there. Though that advertising is false because three of the flavors were crossed off of the menu, so technically they only had 38 flavors to choose from. I like to make sure my readers get the true story!

The Blue Moose Eatery is a huge huge bar. There is a gigantic outside bar which looks like something right out of a Spring Break disaster story, and then the inside is like two sports bars put together. On this particular day, three hours after the Buckeyes had played and three hours before the Indians game, we were two of only five people in the place, so we knew the wings should at least be fresh. We ordered their top three recommended sauces: Triv Taco Tonka, Southern Belle and Billy Bob Cajun, and then we went with the default Hot Buffalo just to see how spicy it was. While the Southern Belle was not my favorite, it definitely had the most flavor. I preferred the Billy Bob Cajun because of the heat. The waitress who gave us excellent service, and I don't think that was just because we were the only ones eating there, seemed disppointed that we didn't like the Triv Taco Tonka as much as everyone else. It was a good sauce, but not good enough to be number one..for us at least. I think we are pickier than most palates in Parma.

Overall I give this place three wings out of five. Even though there were a lot of sauce choices, there wasn't a lot of sauce on the wings, which were inconsistently sized. However outside of the wings, the service was great and the bar was an awesome place to catch a game. After this rating, I am now officially a black belt on The Wingmasters site. They e-mailed me today to let me know my t-shirt is on the way.

No comments: