Monday, October 15, 2007

All I Need In Life Is Free Alcohol And A Good Bike Trail

What a great weekend! We spent Friday night on a quest for free alcohol and were not disappointed. We went to the grand opening of an alternative bookstore near Ohio City called Suspect Thoughts that was serving free wine and cheese. After welcoming the new owners to Cleveland and sharing in some fine spirits, we were off to the Art Walk in Tremont. Asterisk Gallery was our destination because they were having an art opening for Arabella Proffer. We got there so late, they were already out of wine, but the owner of Asterisk, Dana DePew let us tap into his personal stash of Natural Light. Talk about a classy art opening when you get to pose in front of the art with your Natural Light in a can (Tim and I pictured). We finished the evening at The Flying Monkey, where they had the nerve to charge us for drinks, though I was able to talk Dana into giving me his swanky jacket because I loved it that much, so I was still able to score more free stuff.

The weekend turned out to be incredible. The Browns won, the Indians took a game from Boston, my fantasy football teams won, I became a wingmaster black belt, and my sister introduced us to a really beautiful biking trail in Boston Mills. My sister, Julie and I biked through Boston Mills into Hudson and turned around in Stow to complete an 18-mile biking trip. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if the Summit County MetroParks served free wine. (Pictured is my sister and I posing on the trail)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT IT WAS GREAT...