Sunday, August 28, 2005

Weekend Recap

The weekend flew by so fast. I got to spend Friday night with some incredible people at the Old Angle. I never wanted the night to end. Fortunately it lasted into the morning hours leaving me with some incredible memories.

I had to work Saturday morning, which left me tired in combination from the night before so it was a pretty early night. A housewarming party for two of my best friends capped off an incredible day where I fell asleep on my couch listening to Alix Olson by 11:30.

Sunday I got to partake in one of my new favorite adventures: Sharing my weekend adventures with Mindy at Talkies, a cinematic coffee shop in Ohio City. I am addicted to her laptop with WiFi so we chat and get on-line and chat some more. Because I didn’t get to see her this weekend, we had some great stories to share. We add a whole new element to the term “coffee talk” and I feel bad for the people around us who have to sit through our constant laughter. The afternoon brought a trip out to Camp Lieberth where I was joined by a first-timer to the compound. You haven’t paddle-boated until you have paddle-boated with a dog at the helm.

After paddle-boating, I got down to business as my dad and I went over our fantasy football draft. I am sure thirty years ago when my dad first held his princess, he probably never envisioned us strategizing over running backs and quarterbacks, preparing for our live draft next Tuesday night. My mom is so proud. Ahem.

No comments: