Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Weekend Recap

Baby Showers: Not my forte. Three hours of baby gifts is not how I ever want to spend a Saturday in August again.

Le Tigre: I could watch them perform every night and never get tired. Imagine Divo and Bananarama having musically gifted punk daughters.

Camp Lieberth: Always a Sunday afternoon pleasure. The past two Sundays have been spent sitting on my parents dock reading trashy magazines and navigating through the lake on a Styrofoam noodle.

One more interesting thing to note from the weekend: I have a borderline stalker who works at Heinens. Every time my friend and I go in there, she follows us around the store and acts like she is working when clearly she does not work in every department of the store at the same time. She runs from the deli, to the freezer section and then up to the cash registers and opens her register just for us. I know she has a million things she wants to say considering she couldn’t wait to tell me how much she loves Angelina Jolie in an awkward 19-year-old girl kinda way. I am probably the first person she has ever seen in there she felt like she could relate to. There aren’t a whole lot of women who look like me, especially on Sunday when I was sporting a faux hawk, shopping in the Heinens of Aurora right next to the Barrington Golf Community. I do feel for her. I hope she is able to find somebody to stalk after I leave--just like I had to do when I was her age growing up in the suburbs on the east side, following around women who looked like I do now thinking they could somehow lead me to the Promise Land.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i didnt think you saw me michele. i hid behind that krispy kreme display, admiring you from afar.

Anonymous said...

Le Tigre...I missed it. But I was at Bounce later...hope to see you soon!!

Where are you lady??

Anonymous said...

gaaay.