Saturday, August 20, 2005

I Am Alive

For those of you who have called and e-mailed, I am alive. Actually I feel more alive than I have in a long time. I turned my television off last week and haven't really turned it back on since. My life is currently better than anything I could see on the big screen. As a matter of fact my life currently feels like a movie. I am measuring time by frames per second instead hours and days.

The cast of characters in my life has supplied enough comedy (and a little bit of drama) to last a lifetime. Because of my PG-13 blog, I can not share many of those moments, but know I would love to write down everything Tim said to me the other night because he is just that funny.

The setting for this movie has had me all over Cleveland the past couple weeks. Nights spent out in Ohio City, Lakewood, Tremont, the Feast and downtown at work have made me so thankful to be back in the city after my hiatus in the suburbs.

The one thing I am enjoying the most right now is the soundtrack to my life. I have been without a true stereo for over a year, so last Sunday I broke down and got a new one. Over the last week I have listened to every cd I own. My solo dance parties have included the likes of Ani, Ember Swift, Tori Amos, Sinead, Bitch and Animal, Melissa Ferrick, G. Love, The Deftones, Missy Elliott, Alix Olson, Le Tigre, Belly and many more. I had no idea how much I missed my music.

Your heroine even loves working again. I finally have a job that keeps my attention. The people I help on a daily basis are some of the most interesting supporting characters I have ever met. It is such an amazing change compared to my last position. As you can tell from my lack of blogging, I never get a chance to get on the internet for personal reasons anymore. (Whereas I used to spend more than half my time on-line at my old position.) I thought I would miss it, but I don't.

Don’t get me wrong, I will definitely turn my tv back on tomorrow for the series finale of Six Feet Under. I feel like I am actually going to be losing a part of me as I watch the show come to an end. However, my life without television and the internet is much more exciting. I have finally tuned into myself.

Also, I learned a very important lesson last week. Don't ever play softball without a mitt!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, do forget your mitt. That could be, um, a little uncomfortable.