Wednesday, April 06, 2005

No Seriously...So Now What

I started this blog the day after the Super Bowl with the scary realization I wouldn’t be excited about sports again until March. Now that One Shining Moment has played and all the prognosticators have submitted their early Top 25 rankings for the 2006 college basketball season, I am officially in a bigger transition period then I was in after the Super Bowl. At least after the football season ends, you have thoughts of March Madness. Now that March Madness is over, I am looking over my upcoming sports calendar and I am feeling a little disheartened.

For me nothing really compares to pro football or college basketball but there are a few things to help me get by until next September when football starts up again. I will now turn my interest to the NFL draft in April. I will spend the next couple weeks reading every Mel Kiper Jr. article to try and figure out how the Browns are going to better themselves next season. After the draft, the NBA playoffs will finally be getting underway and the season will start to get exciting. (I will also be spending my energy over the next couple weeks hoping the CAVS can hold on to a six seed in the Eastern Conference but this is starting to look bleak.) I really wish I liked baseball more, but it will be well into the summer by the time the NBA champ is crowned, and the NBA draft is held, so I will have no business sitting on the couch watching sports anyway. That is until August when my fantasy football draft season begins.

Don’t worry about me. I will be okay. I have a wonderful vacation and a large event this summer I am volunteering for over the next four months. The sports world is not the only thing that makes my life go--it just makes things a whole lot more interesting when it is going.

No comments: