Thursday, April 07, 2005

Editor's Note

Last week in my entry regarding Tuesday nights in Cleveland, I made a glaring omission which I would now like to correct. I left Rocky River Brewing Company off of my Tuesday list and this is unfortunate. They have great specials Tuesday through Thursday and the food there is incomparable to any other Brewery/Restaurant in the area. Every time we go, we are amazed by the quality of the food.

On Tuesdays you can get an incredible burger for $5 and I highly recommend the black and bleu burger which is topped off with a grilled red pepper for incredible flavor. The calamari is the best I have ever had ANYWHERE and I am a huge fan of all of their salads. Last night (Wednesday is martini night) I broke out the entertainment card for the first time (very exciting) and we got the home made macaroni and cheese with chicken and sausage and also the stuffed chicken with a garlic risotto and fresh broccoli.

On Thursday nights you can get a large microbrew for a small microbrew price so I recommend you head there tonight. As far as beer selection, I like the Northern Lights and the Coopers Gold Kolsch but there are so many good selections, it is hard to go wrong. Whatever you do, don’t walk into this place and order a Bud Light because they have a microbrew for every taste--don’t be afraid to be adventurous. One more important variable is that in the bar area they have a ton of big screen televisions which are always playing some sort of sporting event, so I have an even more special place in my heart for this venue.

No comments: