Monday, April 18, 2005

Indecent Exposure

It was a tough decision this morning when it came time to decide what to write about from the weekend. After all we were practically held hostage inside my friend’s apartment by some psycho until the police came on Friday night. Not to mention my sister’s party on Saturday when my nephew accidentally pushed my mother in to the fifty degree lake. I could also talk about how I have a new favorite show, Nip/Tuck, which held my interest almost all day Sunday thanks to Netflix. I could also mention the CAVS on this Monday morning as I watched them practically push themselves out of the playoffs yesterday against Detroit’s second team. The event that takes the cake from this weekend though happened to us last night around midnight right in front of our house.

Before I tell this story, I would like to make it known we live on one of the nicest streets in Ohio City—residential and historical homes frequented by people who tour take tours on Lolly the Trolley. However, last night our street was frequented by some fraternity boy in a red Ford Explorer. We were standing out on the porch when his car pulled up and stopped abruptly in the middle of the street, halfway between our house and our neighbor’s house. His car was still running in the middle of the road when he stepped out. At this point we weren’t exactly sure what he was doing until we saw the steam coming off the pavement and noticed he was peeing right there in front of us. He had no idea he was being watched from such a close range so we weren’t sure if we should continue our conversation or just stand still. We stood still trying not to laugh until he got back in his car and drove off down the road. Who does that? Don’t get me wrong, I have pulled my car over to the side of the road but never have I seen anyone just stop in the middle of the road with their car running to relieve themselves. This is another one of those perks shared by men: they think they can pee anywhere anytime and they usually can. Lucky bastards.

VACATION COUNTDOWN: Three more days

I have to mention Nip/Tuck again. What a great show. If you haven’t seen it, watch it. No matter who you are, it has something for everyone and the writing is incredible, filled with irony and dark humor. It currently runs on FX on cable but I would recommend renting it on DVD.

Okay, okay, I have to mention the CAVS too. They have gone 10-20 in their last thirty games and are about to be bounced out of the playoffs. If you have an All-Star Center and one the best players in the game running your offense, you should at least be one of the top eight teams in the Eastern Conference. Part of me just wants this season to end now and get it out of the way. If we do make the playoffs, it is going to be torture watching the CAVS play Miami.

No comments: