Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My New Rule

I am back. Sorta. I need to find more time to start blogging again. Yesterday I was inspired because I received an award from this blog. This blogger also has this blog which gives a wonderful perspective on life in Detroit and politics all over the world. Check it out if you get the chance.

I have also been inspired by ignorance. It truly is bliss, or at least appears to be that way. Lately I have received all types of racist forwarded e-mails regarding Barack Obama. It was bound to happen. What I didn't think would happen is that some of these e-mails would come from people who voted for Ken Blackwell two years ago. Blackwell is an African-American Republican, and he ran for Governor of Ohio against Ted Strickland in 2006. This begs the question: If you voted for an African-American two years ago to run your state, how can you have contempt for an African-American, or a "mutt" as Obama refers to himself? I now have to implement my new rule of common sense. Here is the refresher for everyone out there:

If you voted for this guydon't forward racist e-mails about this guy: It doesn' t make any sense. At all.

2 comments:

eleedee said...

Hi Shel -

I haven't seen these racist emails about Obama, but I don't like the guy and didn't vote for him. I for sure would have voted for an African American candidate who shares my policy beliefs. So I'm sort of wondering if these emails are racist of just disdainful of his politics. Can you give examples? Because most conservatives are not racists, sexists, or anti gay.

. said...

i concur and i'm glad you are back on the blogan.