Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I've Fallen And I Can't Get My Computer Up

I actually wondered out loud last night if anyone noticed I hadn't blogged in a while. It brought up that age-old question: If a blogger stops blogging in the middle of the woods, would anyone notice? I haven't exactly been in the middle of the woods, but I have been unable to find any time over the past couple weeks to blog. Today one of my favorite people, who I hardly ever get to see or talk to anymore sent me this message: "Just checking-there haven’t been any new entries and you usually don’t go this long before posting something and with March Madness and all I figure you’re busy but I just wanted to make sure."

Apparently my blog has turned into one of those necklaces older people wear to alert people when something is wrong. If I go three weeks without blogging, you may want to check in if you haven't heard from me just to make sure.

Speaking of March Madness, As many of you know, I always take the first Thursday and Friday of the tournament off from work, which I call my holy days (ironically Good Friday fell on MY holy day this year). On Friday afternoon I went to the gym to work out and watch the games. It was the perfect way to burn calories and stay up on the scores, and apparently a lot more healthy than sitting on my couch drinking beer. (If only someone had told me this 10 years ago!) I promised myself I would work out for the whole first game, which went a little longer than I had planned. I started working out during the Gonzaga-Davidson game which went down to the wire and lasted almost two hours, and then CBS immediately went to the Western Kentucky-Drake game which went into overtime. There was no way I could leave during an overtime game, so I kept working out on the eliptical machine. And working out and working out and working out. About 150 minutes later and 1200 calories burned, Western Kentucky won on a buzzer beater in overtime. I threw my arms up in excitement, or at least I think I did because at that point my body just kinda slumped over. It was almost as if I had played in the game, except it felt more like I needed one of those necklaces the elderly wear.

No comments: