Friday, March 07, 2008

The Following Movie Has Been Rated Rx

I have trouble sitting still. Movies and live theatre scare the hell out of me. Julie loves the Clevleand International Film Festival, so I go evey year and try not to complain too much as she watches me squirm and sweat in my seat. I do this because: She never complains about playing in my fantasy sports leagues (which she always wins anyway), she lets me lay around and watch most sporting events, and when I ask her to pick up a 12-pack on her way home, she brings home the 18-pack because: "it's just a few dollars more."

This year I promised to attend six movies in an eight-day span. I went the easy route and picked three double features to minimize the amount of time I had to spend at the movie theatre. Everything about the experience makes me panicky, so I had to think ahead to avoid any anxiety. This year I also have added help. For some reason, my doctor gave me quite a bit of zanax for my plane trip to Ireland which is still more than two months away. When I saw how much she gave me, I went and got it filled last night...just in time for the film festival!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a shame we didn't get tickets for the jug band history documentary. i know how much you wanted to see it!