Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Busy Busy Election Elf

I won't have much time to blog over the next week as I will be housesitting starting tomorrow. I have decided to take most of those days off of work because I hate commuting from the suburbs--it is pure torture! Even with the time off work, I will still be working as a dogsitter, catsitter, housesitter, fishsitter and next Monday night I am going to be a self-proclaimed "election elf."

Starting at 11:30 pm next Monday night until noon on election day I will be at the county board of elections scanning absentee ballots. That's right, I am going to be a part of the process! I had training last night and it is interesting to be behind the scenes to see how a bi-partisan America actually works. In this sense, a Democrat (that's me by the way) is teamed up with a Republican to scan ballots together. I will be sitting across from somebody I have completely conflicting views with for 12 hours trying to make small talk. Essentially it is the opposite of speed dating.

No comments: