Thursday, October 27, 2005

Just In Case You Weren’t Sure I Was Crazy

I am so against paying the high heating costs this winter that I am going to refuse to turn my heat on until the last possible second. My gas company has already tried to put me on the budget payment plan, but I won't do it. I refuse to think I am going to spend more than $50 on heat per month. As a matter of fact, just to show them (because I think they might be watching me) how far I am from turning on my heat, I still have my windows open. As if I am saying, “See? Look at how warm I am in my apartment. I will never need your stinking heat! Never!”

I must admit it is starting to get really cold in my apartment. Last night I had to wear a ski cap in the kitchen while I was cooking dinner, but I will remain vigilant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First put caulking around your baseboards and windows and then put plastic up to your windows. Be careful and use double sided tape as oppose to staples (holes in the wall). Order some draft buster - they fit under the door or install a door plate for door drafts. Then think about this - there are benefits to being on the budget: with raising home heating cost (EOG is at $15.60 per MCF), you know what you'll have to pay for gas each month as opposed to a big bill, hundreds of $$$ in Nov., Dec., Jan., Feb., March and sometimes April.
Disadvantages - your still paying for it in the summer months, from May on, when you should be using that money for ice cream and other summer fun. AND in the back of your mind you're sure they just kept billing you to get more money out of you, regardless of your true useage.

Check out gas price at the PUCO's apples to apples comparison chart but know your current rate first. Peace Out.