Monday, January 26, 2009

The Last Person In America To Blog About The Inauguration

I may actually be the last person who attended the 2009 Presidential Inauguration to blog about it, or at least the 1.6 millionth. By now, many of you have read about it, watched it or just don't care anymore. My timing is always impeccable. In my defense, I got sick. I was very sick right before I went, and standing in freezing weather for 13 hours didn't help very much. I am only now recovering from one of the best experiences of my life. The event was everything that everyone who has already blogged about described. (I am also an incredibly lazy blogger, so this may also be attributed to my late timing.) If you read that the event was breath-taking-it was. If you have read that it was amazing how many people showed up to celebrate-it was. If you have read that there were long lines, but everything was worth the wait-it was. If you read that it was worth getting up in the middle of the night to catch the first train out of Baltimore to DC-it was. It was a great experience shared together by people who have never met, but came together in peace and celebration. Think about it-there were over two million people and no arrests. That in itself was historical, but to be a part of this moment, made me feel like I have never felt before. Please enjoy my pictures: All Photos can be viewed here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michele,
Glad you could go!! I know it was cold and well worth it, from those i know who went. Savory the moment.. Love ya Aunt mary