Saturday, January 17, 2009

Inauguration 2009

Two months ago I resigned myself to the fact that I would not be going to Washington for the 2009 Inauguration. It was just too much of a hassle and too expensive. With my new job, I was unable to even take the day off of work. I was fine with this. It was out of my head.

Last night at the Community Shares of Greater Cleveland Young Professionals mixer, something happened that changed all of this. I was approached with an opportunity to stay and go for a really cheap price. Everything fell into place. Before I made my decision, there were professional and personal obligations that I had to weigh. The decision became tougher and tougher to make, and then more things fell into place. I was still torn and then I found the video below. It brought back all of my election blog entries along with every feeling I had on election night and then my decision was made. I am going to attend the 2009 Inauguration of our 44th President and I am going to love every minute of it. Needless to say, The Save A Lot Experiment of 2009 is going to be temporarily put on hold unless I find one in the DC area. Enjoy the video! Special thanks goes out to Jed Lewison for making such a great piece that continuously brings back all the emotions of that special night.

No comments: