Thursday, September 04, 2008

Move Over Blogger, Here's Something Leaner

About a month ago, I joined a social community on-line (cult) called Twitter. This system allows you to update what you are doing or thinking by using your cellphone or computer. Essentially you have a maximum of 140 characters to type out something mundane or something witty, and you can do it endlessly all day. It is especially useful when you want to see what is going on around town or to keep up with your friends throughout the day. Twitter also brings people together on a national basis when major events are happening. Live twittering has been especially fun with people from around the country during the political conventions and other nationally shared experiences. Twitter is becoming so popular that many journalists are now using it to do real-time reporting instead of blogging, and what they have to say is usually a lot more important than the stuff I blurt out at 2am. Click to read story on Twitter's popularity.

This brings us to the important question of: Why do you care about my twittering? I am blogging about Twitter because I have added a new section to my blog. To the right you can see a new section called: The latest on Sportygrrl. These are my last five twitters, and they automatically post to my blog now. They are put on there in reverse order from newest to oldest and the time stamp is on the bottom. There will be times when I will be replying to other people on twitter with an @ symbol, and those twitters will make zero sense to you, but there will be times when my twitters may come in handy. I doubt my twitters will ever come in handy--I don't know who I am kidding, but I thought I would alert you to my newest addition.

No comments: