Wednesday, January 25, 2006

This Wedding Weekend Brought To You By Cher, LeBron and Flava Flav

Mindy's bachelorette party, the most fun I have ever had at a wedding/reception, an incredible breakfast at the Ritz and Flava Fla. These are just a few of the highlights from one of the best weekends I have had in my life.

Against most people's better judgment, we had the bachelorette party the night before the wedding. Even though it is probably a really bad idea to do this, we managed to pull it off (thankfully the wedding wasn't until four the next day). It was just one of those crazy nights where you xxxxxxxxxx but then you decide to xxxxxxxxxx so by the end of the night you find yourself examining your clothes in a room lit only by black lights and a cage, but I think we all knew it would end like that.

Raring to go, I actually woke up the next morning like a little kid on Christmas. I couldn't wait to share my best friend's big day with her. Nothing like the bride and maid of honor doing a little chest bump and high five action ten minutes before the ceremony. Without stealing Mindy's blog thunder, I would just like to say I will never have a better time with pina coladas and schnitzel. LeBron couldn't have picked a more appropriate night to score 51. It was like he added the perfect ending to a fairy tale wedding. I am sure Mindy would agree.

I joined a great group of people on Sunday to cap off the wedding festivities with an incredible brunch at the Ritz. Probably the first and only time I will ever be able to do that (Thank You Brent!). The rest of the day was spent in front of the television watching football and sharing my cable with those less fortunate (yeah riiiiight). Flava Flav did not disappoint. That’s right I am addicted to the new Flava Flav show on VH1. He has his own reality bacheloresque show. I recommend this to anyone without anything better to do on Sundays at 10 pm.

A last word on the wedding. It really was the most incredible thing I have ever been a part of in my life. Even though my arms started to hurt as I held both bouquets during the ceremony, I still managed to tear up as I saw how happy my best friend was on her big day. It must have been the dress and shoulder wrap that made me feel so girly. However I later used the wrap to do Cher impersonations at the reception and make inappropriate gestures in the parking lot, so I guess you can clean me up but apparently you still can't take me anywhere.

No comments: