Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Investment

I mentioned yesterday my brother moved in downstairs to create the Camp Lieberth Annex (both the Annex and Camp Lieberth are terms coined by M. Childress) and now we have a whole house to ourselves, except, and this is the best part, we don’t share anything. He has his place and I have mine. I shouldn’t say we don’t share anything. Last night we shared the following conversation:
“If this game goes into a fourth overtime, I am going to bed.”

“Are you nuts man? You just invested five hours into this game and you are going to go to bed if it goes into another overtime. I am staying up if I have to put toothpicks in my eyes. There is no way I can go to bed now.”

What was supposed to be a buffer game between the Fiesta Bowl and the Rose Bowl turned out to be an incredible game when Penn State beat Florida State in the third overtime of the Orange Bowl last night/this morning. I must admit I am extremely excited for the Rose Bowl tonight. I am going with Texas in the upset. I think they are getting six points. Now that my brother is living below me and watching games with me, I have become very fixated on the point spreads. He has taught me a lot about how you don’t have to cheer for a team to win but to just not lose by more than nine points in the case of Florida State last night. Yes, the Annex is an intellectual hotbed.

No comments: