Tuesday, July 26, 2005

That Moment

There is that moment when you realize you have made the right decision to switch jobs. The moment when you say to yourself, “this was the right decision and I am so excited about this move in my life!” That moment came to me this morning.

I was sitting in my office talking to two of my co-workers when one of them noticed my Ani DiFranco sticker. The conversation soon turned to Bitch and Animal and the woman who asked me if I had ever heard of them was so excited when I said I had. I revealed, with a little hesitation, I have Bitch autograph my chest whenever I see them perform. She turned to me and said: “Me too!” That was the moment I knew I had made the right decision to switch jobs. Who cares about the promotion, the raise and the self-fulfillment this job will bring me at the end of the day when I am working with someone who also gets a little tipsy and has Bitch sign her chest.

The very best part about the whole conversation was I would never have expected him to ask me about Ani DiFranco when I first met him, and I most certainly would never have expected her to pull out a picture of Bitch from her desk when I first met her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In Pussy We Trust