Friday, July 29, 2005

TGIF Part Two

Two weeks down at my new job. I still feel like an invalid at the end of this week as well but at least now I know what I don’t know. Last week, I just walked around like a zombie completely ignorant to everything around me.

One thing I know is that I am really bad at being trained. If only I could pay attention for longer than one minute, perhaps I could get a better handle on things. I try to be an active listener, but it just doesn’t work for me. I see their lips start moving and then five minutes later, they say: “In a nutshell that is how that works, any questions?” This is when my question should be, “Yes, what did you just say again? I am sorry I started thinking about traffic patterns in Cleveland and drifted off.” Instead I just say, “Nope, I think I got it. Thanks.”

No comments: