Monday, January 07, 2008

Happy National Championship Day

You may think everyone in Ohio graduated from Ohio State tonight. When the Buckeyes play tonight in the BCS Championship Game, everyone in the state will be wearing their scarlet and grey while watching the game. With all the pride in the state, you would think all these people actually graduated from Ohio State. As a matter of fact, I don't know one person who graduated from Ohio State. Not to say people don't graduate from there, I am sure they do, but I just have never met an Ohio State graduate. However everyone I know owns something that says Ohio State on it. It always makes me think back to when I would tell people I went to Ohio University (located in beautiful Athens, Ohio), and everyone thought it was in Columbus. It is on days like this, that people forget there are actually other schools in Ohio that play sports. In fact, last year Ohio University played in THE historic GMAC Bowl, yet nobody seems to remember that-not even this Ohio alum who had to double check on-line to make sure that was the correct bowl game. Hmmm...maybe I did spend four years in Columbus going to school.

No comments: