Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Weekend Warriors


How many miles can you put on your car without leaving northeast Ohio? I felt like Neil Zurcher doing a one-tank trip this weekend as I ventured to the east side on Friday night and the very very east side on Saturday. On Friday after work I traveled to and got lost on the east side of Cleveland over by Monticello and Noble. As you can tell by the neon green line, which indicates my traveling patterns Friday night, I did not use the same route on the way home. Nonetheless the end result got us to the most amazing hair and beauty supply store I have ever seen. I am sure you never thought you would hear those words come out of my mouth, but the look of awe on my face said it all (which makes the fact that someone asked me if I worked there even more amazing).When it was all said and done, I am glad I got lost and took a different route back because I was introduced to my traveling companion's stomping grounds as a child and teenager. It was a lot of fun to share those memories with her.

On Saturday our travels, as indicated by the blue line, took us Southeast. We first headed to Tallmadge for the spring rummage sale at the Summit County Fairgrounds. After sifting through what I actually can wear, I ended up getting two nice shirts, two pairs of boots and a cool salmon-colored blazer for $2. After our Tallmadge adventure we headed north to Shalersville and on to Mantua to get an up-close look at my roots. It is definitely something you have to see to believe and a far cry from Camp Lieberth where we made a pit stop on the way home. All in all we got new hair, new clothes and a new appreciation for where we came from in just two days. No wonder we were so exhausted this weekend. I would like to see Neil Zurcher top that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEYYYYYYYY,
Kent is always lovely in the spring.
Course I can't be sure from inside the bars, but...