Monday, December 05, 2005

Tis The Season

What an interesting weekend of holiday parties in the greater Lakewood area. Saturday night I set out with three other friends to toast the season with many other friends and some interesting new people we encountered.

The two parties we went to could not have been more different which is what I think made the evening so intriguing. As a short synopsis here is the difference between the two parties. At the first party, there was college football on, I learned some new anatomical words such as perineum (which I later referred to as Pangea) and watched a fish eat a live mouse and then spit it back out two hours later.

The second party was unlike anything I have ever seen before. I told my friends this party was going to be spectacular, but I think they still were hesitant until we entered. As you entered the house you could look in three directions. If you looked left, you saw a professional DJ choreographing a dance floor, which even Karen was initially a little intimidated by at first glance. To the right was a card room with professional dealers and poker and black jack tables set up. This party was a hilarious combination of MODA and the Nickel. If you looked straight ahead there was a bar set up with forty bottles of top shelf liquor. We arrived at 1 am and the party was still going quite strong for a couple hours. The best part though is that the host had passed out long before we got there. This always cracks me up.

So between the mouse-eating fish, the continent of Pangea and a hip hop dance party with some crazy queer people thrown in for kicks, the evening was quite adventurous.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

who the hell had that swank second party? And why wasn't i there? Damn i miss cleveland. Moving to chicago has made my parties compare only in what kind of canned beer we drink: The Old style Parties, with Tom Waits playing in the background, or the PBR parties with overly-hairgelled hipsters. I've got to get out more.