Thursday, November 29, 2007

I Have The NFL Network And I Bet You Don't!

There is a huge uproar in the sports world today regarding the NFL Network and tonight's Packers/Cowboys game. If you are like most people in this country, you won't be able to watch one of the biggest games of the season. To go into the logistics of why the cable companies won't purchase the NFL network you may want to read this article. Obviously it comes down to money, though that doesnt really help the millions of people who won't be able to catch this game tonight. Fortunately I am not one of those people. I have the NFL Network.

I actually stumbled upon the NFL Network a few months ago by accident before I even moved in with Julie. There I was flipping through her channels and there it was, and I just kept saying: "You have the NFL Network? You have the NFL Network? YOU HAVE THE NFL NETWORK!!" As you can see I was extremely happy, though trying to explain the importance of this find to someone who never really watched sports before I came along was a bit tough. I tried to explain that there would be games on that would not be shown on regular television this football season, and what a beautiful thing it would be once the season started. Each day after I found the channel, I would go to it just to make sure it was still there. Now my patience has paid off. On Thanksgiving day when people were coming down from their Turkey and football high of watching TWO games, I switched on the NFL network to catch the Colts play the Falcons that night for my THIRD game of the day. Tonight I am obviously going to catch the Packers/Cowboys game, and then hopefully in week 17, I am going to watch the Patriots make history against the Giants as they try and go undefeated.

I actually thought I was going to have to miss the game tonight because of a really cool event at Cleveland Public Theatre, but then I realized we weren't going until Friday. When I thought I was missing this game, Julie said we could TiVo it. However I said: "No way! You can't TiVo a game on the NFL Network!" I might as well just be watching highlights with the common folk who have cable. No, if I am watching a game on the NFL Network I want to be watching it live, so I can call people and tease them about the game. Julie really does have a lot to learn about football, but it last she has the NFL Network and now that I am all moved it, so do I!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was planning on watching American Idol reruns all night. Hope you don't mind. We can still Tivo the game.