Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Only At Wal-Mart

I am proud to say I don't go to Wal-Mart very often, but I am ashamed to say when I do go, I get sucked in for hours. Once inside, all my political views go right out the door when I see their prices and the intriguing deals only Wal-Mart can offer. I have never seen things packaged together like they are at Wal-Mart. The shampoo comes with hair gel for $4.89, and the body soap comes with lotion for only $3.94. My favorite combo had to be the box of tampons I saw with a free tube of Banana Boat Glow Face. Along with your tampons you get something described as this: "Banana Boat® EveryDay Glow Face Daily Moisturizer SPF 20 uses self-activating tanners to enhance your skin’s natural tone." Can someone please explain to me how these two things go together? Somehow when you are inside the confines of Wal-Mart this makes sense.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think it's the the alliteration connection: "gentle glide" and "banana boat".

that's the only explanation.

ellie said...

I'm not sure what the big political deal is about Wal-Mart. What do they do that's so different than any other huge store? Where can you really buy anything made in America any more? So far as I am concerned, it is a place of many wonders.

yll said...

I know what you mean... I say that I'm not shopping there anymore, but then I need stuff, & Wal-Mart's right there. Once you're inside, you can't deny the prices on the stuff you need.