Wednesday, February 21, 2007

RIP Ruby


I got news yesterday that Ruby's motor had gone out on her. It doesn't make sense to put $1,300 into my car due to the fact that she is ten years old, so I decided to let her move on to car heaven. She is not a person or even an animal, so my sadness seems unjustified, but she was my first car and I had her for eight wonderful years. Eight years that included her driving me downtown to Cleveland for work, living in Florida, driving back and forth to Kent on many many many occassions, getting towed away a few times for several mishaps and taking me anywhere I wanted to go, whenever I wanted to go. I am sure I will love my next car, but it just won't be the same without her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and yea they speak of Buddah... as quoted from the comic genius of one Mr. Chevy Chase in the movie Vacation. (during Aunt Edna's funeral)
"Oh Ruby don't take your love to town" (kenny Rogers)
If I had a million dollars, I'd buy you a k-car, but not a real k-car - that's cruel (Naked Chicks)
RIP Ruby - ye shall be missed
(Kathy Lieberth)

Anonymous said...

condolences.
pam