Thursday, July 27, 2006

Some Thoughts For The Week

I haven’t been the best at updating my blog lately, but it partially has been for good reason. On top of my usual laziness, I also took a little vacation out to Camp Lieberth for four days. Now that all of the grilled meat and vodka from my vacation has exited through my pores, I am finally able to update the ol’ blog. Here are my thoughts for the week:

Sunday will be the beginning of the 100-day mark for the Ohio gubernatorial election. I can’t not stress the importance of this election enough! Please go out and read up on the issues to see why this election will have such a huge impact, not only in the near future, but on Ohioans for years to come. I am going to do my part by mixing my fashion sense and my politics. If you know me at all, you know I like to wear t-shirts. Starting Sunday I am going to wear a Ted Strickland t-shirt in some form of another for the last 100 days leading up to the election. I am not going to wear the t-shirt to work but I will be putting it on in the evening or wearing it under things. Please do your part to help. Even if you aren’t going to help register voters or volunteer, at least get yourself registered to vote. Every little bit helps, especially when our President is helping to fund Ken Blackwell’s campaign against Strickland.

The Browns big signing on the offensive line went down with a knee injury today in practice. Most likely he will be out for the year. Is anyone surprised? Poor LeCharles Bentley. Someone should have told him about the Cleveland Curse.

Please check out the Summer Party being thrown by the Center on August 19 at the Ritz Carlton. It will be an incredible time, as always.

Is there anything better than fun childhood memories coming out of the blue? I had to drive my dad’s car last week and I couldn’t figure out how to turn the cd player off, so I found myself listening to Waylon Jennings. Next thing I know I am getting a little teary-eyed thinking about all the car trips we took when I was a kid and how much fun we had listening to those songs, even though I had no idea what half the lyrics meant. Funny that I haven’t heard those songs in years, but I still know every single word. The music made me want to keep on driving to Sunset Beach, NC where we used to vacation when I was younger.

My parent’s have a flyer hanging on their fridge that says: “The White Family Reunion” from my dad’s side of the family. Maria found it very funny. Enough said.

No comments: